Sunday, April 27, 2008

Promotion Ceremony 25-04-08

Attended my 1st promotion ceremony in my teaching career last friday 25th April.... I went to Copthorne Waterfront with 1 of my colleague... It's also her 1st promotion.. we came into the profession in diff batch... this is my 3rd year n 5th for her..

We reached around 2.30pm.. There
were already a lot of teachers there.. having their cups of tea/coffee at the recept area.. The ballroom was rather nice n grand.. hmmm,should have considered there for my wedding... haha.. too late though... Thought there might be refreshments or food.. but found nothing there, mayb kana eaten by those early birds... luckily i had a bite b4 coming.. hubby ate with me b4 i left to fetch my colleague while he went to new house to paint... i even asked him if he is proud of me.. n of course he must say he is lah.. haha..

Was feeling quite excited as it was my 1st time attending... I wanted to come n take a look on how it was conducted.. bcoz i dunno if i will have the next chance to attend or not... haha... we were placed to sit at the 2nd last row... row Q.. or my, i was thinking, by the time it comes t
o our turn, we would have fallen asleep... but who knows, the certification presentation started from the back.. which meant that we r the 2nd row to go up stage to receive the letter... haha!

Something sad, didn't get to see my batch's classmates
there.. all unfamiliar faces.. except for some... those i saw when i went for PSLE marking and Oral... Didn't stay for the whole event as it was rather bored... we stayed quite late.. some other school teachers left after gotten their letters... hmmm... the 1 sat beside me even brought her dumps of worksheets n mark while waiting for our turn to go up... luckily we decided to leave b4 the whole ceremony ended, as i still have some time to grab another bite with hubby b4 going to SIL's food tasting at Rasa.. otherwise i would have died of hunger.. Didn't prepare more than enough food for us there, made us go back with empty stomach.. i think the MOE people in-charge must reflect man... Some colleagues even came straight after work in the AM session loh.. haiz... Though it was bored, but at least i got to see how the promotion ceremony is like... Nothing special though.. haha..

No comments: