Tuesday, May 19, 2020

HBL+WFH during COVID

I have been WFH for more than a month already. The boys also have been doing full HBL during this period as well.

I think i have been doing a good job so far. Every day, i plan out and arrange the work/tasks that they need to do the next day. I will write down the tasks required the night before. Even until now when they have started their holidays early, people may think that they have no other assignments to do. But who says so? I still plan out work for them to do, be it worksheets, art, typing, exercise, they are also scheduled to help out with some simple housework, eg folding their own clothes, wash cloth and clean their study desk/dining table, sweeping/mopping their own room. These are manageable tasks, just that need to plan out the timing right so that i can also have my time to do my own things.

Besides WFH and managing their HBL, i also need to do other housechores, and even cooking. If i am not cooking, i would need to rush out to buy lunch back. It will be manageable when they can execute some tasks independently, but there are still work that i would be required to be beside them to monitor and guide. 

The house is still in a piece, and every one is still alive. But i should praise my sons after all. They have been cooperative so far and have been rather obedient.

However, parents may not have the patience to do the coaching and teaching when at home. For me, i definitely do not have such patience. Even if i am an ex-educator. Haha, what a irony. I feel proud of myself, as well as my boys, because every one has been abiding to the regulations and restrictions. I just hope everything and everyone can sustain and maintain good health and mental state. 

No comments: