Tuesday, February 10, 2009

my 27th birthday

i'm older by 1 year again... haha.. yesterday was yuan xiao, which was also my birthday.. get so sianzzz when my bday lies in a weekday... this year also, just tat happened that i'm still in my ML, so i can celebrate.. but hubby needs to work yesterday, so unlike previous years, this year i cook...

yesterday evening as usual, went for my tuition.. after which, meet up with Xiaoling to go grocery shopping 2gether... yesterday was yuan xiao, she wanted to get tang yuan, but it was sold out at sheng siong, so we went to Giant.. wenxian was already there queueing as he was buying the tang yuan, so shun bian help me buy too... after buying ingredients from 3 supermarkets, we proceeded back to our own nest.. =)


hubby said he would want me to cook, so i agreed loh.. went to buy white promfret, will get it steamed.. prawns, with tomato sauce, n vege lah... i can't say i'm good in cooking, but at least i can cook a complete meal.. i'm much better in baking.. but long time din do liao..


though i reached home at ard 8+, but all these dishes very fast one lah... hubby reached home at ard 8.45pm with a BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!! n i'm cooking the prawns as it's the last dish.. hubby went for a quick bath, n less than 10min, the dinner was ready.. sat down n ate together n chat.. hubby ate 2 big bowls of rice, n luckily din cook that much rice, we finished all the food...


colleagues asked hubby y not eat during dinner break, n he told them bcoz i'll b cooking... they said a married man is diff liao, got wife cook.. but i told hubby, not all mah.. some wives can't cook at all, isn't it?? hubby said he had always wanted to eat home cooked food, n it's not as if i dunno how to cook, it's just to see if i want to cook or not.. n i felt pai seh lah.. haha


after dinner, hubby volunteered the washing n i let him be.. after which, we proceeded to sing birthday song, n cut cake.. each of us had a piece, the rest will bring over to my in-law house later..


sat down n watched tv at 10pm.. i told hubby, it was yuan xiao, i bought tang yuan.. as a significance, we both each a little.. so i went to cook 4 balls.. after eating, rest a while, hubby was really tired after working, so rest in early..


was happy tat though a simple celebration.. was glad tat many friends of mine remembered my birthday.. my siblings called me.. friends SMSed me, relatives SMSed too.. felt fortunate.. i dun wish for a lavish celebration, as long as we enjoyed ourselves on that very day, i'll b very happy liao.. i will try to cook more b4 i report back to force.. or if not, hubby will have to wait til June when i have my holidays liao.. haha...

growing older year by year... hubby said where got old.. i'm just 27.. haha.. he said, u see? we got a son when u were 26 only.. considered young.. n when Jaden is 1 year old, u will only b 27... quite true lah...

i dun wish for anything else, but the good health of my Jaden n all of my family members n the ones i love n treasure.. hope 2009 will b a smooth year for me..

No comments: