Sunday, March 10, 2013

Being a parent

It is not easy being a parent.. I cannot say i am a good parent, but wat i can be sure of is, i am definitely not the worst..

I recently got to hear from my sis about a new mum... a frd of her frd's...

To me, being a parent is never easy. But sometimes always hear from ppl tat it seems easy to be a parent... How easy can it be?

Being a parent is not just by having sex, getting the woman preg, give birth n thats it... If it is that easy, whoever also can be a parent.

This 1st time mum, got preg b4 her wedding. She is in her mid-20s. Wat scared us was, her daughter now is 2mths old, has no toys at all... My sis asked me for help, asked if i have any extra toys tat i do not want anymore, she wanted to give to the bb girl. I heard the story n was really agitated. Wat kind of mother is this.. Daughter has no toys at all! Not even an infant rattle.

My sis went to pass e toys to this mum, together with her good friend L... The baby has no 1 to talk to, n to play with at all for the 2 months. She smiled n laughed when my sis n her frd L played with her. The mum told them, that was e 1st time she saw her daughter laugh. Walao... I cannot imagine, the bb shld b always on her own e whole day, with no 1 to play with. L told my sis, e mum said dunno how to play with the baby!

L encouraged the mum to bring the bb out more often. She can ask such silly question, how to make milk when bb is hungry?? she doesn't know anything about milk powder dispenser! Thermal flask... She asked L if go outside, if bb wana change diaper then how? oh my, doesn't she has heard from nursing room??? My sis n I had goosebumps when we heard tat there's such an ignorant person on earth.

Though the preg was an unplanned one, but since decided to give birth to her, then at least do some research. No 1 is born to know how to handle a bb, how to be a parent. All these need to learn. If dunno, go ask. Child is 2 months old, n dunno a bit of how to handle at all. Dunno tat child can actually smile n laugh. Some ppl r like that, they think giving birth to children v easy. They will grow up by themselves. As long as we feed them, give them shelter, n tat is called a parent. C'mon!

If i dun need to handle kids at all, everything can b settled by passing to caregiver, or maid worse, then i give birth to a dozen is not a problem. We need to play with them, talk to them... Working parents have less time with kids, n that is e fact. But ppl still bother to fork out time to talk to kids, play with them. Sometimes i was wondering, wat r all these ppl doing? In this generation where every1 is educated, y do things tat is just e opposite? Haiz. My sis n I really pity the bb girl. Being a parent is never easy. Every1 has their own way of parenting. But remember, if u wana give birth to a child, then give your child the basic needs n do e duty of a parent at e least.. Not just feed them, give them shelter... they need attention, love, care....

No comments: