Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Random thoughts


  I seldom wana talk about work, but sometimes i cannot help... Being in this profession, i get to see many diff kinds of kids n parents.. I can see how family backgrd can affect a child's upbringing...

  Being a working mum, i can understand most of e parents' situation by being too busy n no time with e children.. I felt e same way too.. But i do see some r simply bo chup. and yet they r so defensive..

  Eg, this mum is in e 2nd marriage.. She has 6 kids in total.. the boy is #3.. she has really no time n chance to teach him. After struggling in e language since last yr, i finally agreed the mum's request to help him apply for exemption. I shall not reveal too much infor. Just to say tat he is not a pure chinese, but mum is a chinese.. hmmm.

  2nd case, this mum is also in e 2nd marriage. 4 kids.. this boy with me is #2.. mum v busy at work, reach hm v late as 9pm. Dad is also busy, n heard is quite violent. family r/ship in a mess.. his work is always not done, not checked by parents, though numerous calls from me. No improvement from him coz hm support is v poor.

  It made me ponder, then y have so many kids? it made me scared too coz i have 2 kids n already no time.. financially wise is also another barrier for us, tats y no way we r going for #3 or even more. I am really worried. How to teach e kids at this generation? I cannot imagine. Tech savvy, everything so savvy n advanced. Kids mature earlier than expected, but actually they r not tat matured. I have no confidence my boys can b as well behaved as i want. I will only try my best to teach them.

  I see so many of such cases in my work... N i oso dun wish to create such a case in e future. Who doesn't like kids. Who doesnt want to have a family full of kids n grandchildren in e future when we grow old? U may not understand my feelings, bcoz u r not in this line.. But if u are, n u see with your own eyes, u handle e case ( be it discipline, academic etc), u will b shocked. How confident are we to ensure our kids will be definitely a good model for e rest? I am sure, we can only say, we will try our best...

  I see many ugly sides of people through this line, coz i meddle with kids, parents, n even their family backgrd matters. Then i get to see how kids r brought up in their respective families. We have no choice bcoz of the hectic lifestyle. No 1 can understand such thing except for the same line colleagues. To b frank, i would also like to have many kids, but i have to face e reality, no way.. I dunno how to explain my feelings whenever i face kids with such problems.

  When the MTP session was over, my feelings went stronger. My thoughts are in a swirl. I dunno how to help them. I tried my best to even prepare materials for them but no output from e problematic ones. How to blame e parents, n even e kids... I did feel angry n frustrated. But wat can i do? This is really sad u koe? i have to face so many of such cases every year, n every colleague is also facing it. But of course, it does not mean that things will b better if u have lesser kids.

  Ppl have diff views in parenting. And being an educator, what i can do is limited. It set me thinking, multi-tasking role is not easy, esp in this line. No 1 can understand better abt my thoughts unless u join this profession.

No comments: