Saturday, April 26, 2014

My 1st run after 15-16years

After i graduated from CSS, i never been in cross country or going for any marathon, run, walk-a-jog etc... I practically didnt go for any other sports then. When i was in NP, i joined softball for CCA, though i only studied 1 term n after that withdrawn from NP... When i was in NIE, i still played netball a few times, n oso played a few sessions of tennis with my sis. I still keep my tennis racquet! it's at my mum's place by e way.

This year, i started to go back to exercise, be it jogging, swimming, badminton or even to the gym. Thanks to my sis who always motivate and encourage me.

This year, it's going to be a leap for me after stopping my training for more than a decade. We r going for the Jurong Lake Run, which is going to be conducted in June. We signed up for the 6km open. I was really looking forward to it, though dunno if can complete within e time range. But i will give it a try.. No harm.

It's not like b4 when i was much younger, with better stamina n health. In e past, we spent quite a number of days n hours on training, on CCA, on building up stamina etc. Mayb bcoz partly i was really active in my pri-sec sch time, i dun feel that much shiong, though now older le, stamina deterioated... but i find it fun. Esp to Amore.... I enjoy hectic exercise like kickboxing! Skipped e basic class n went straight to e main class. My sis has basic knowledge on kickboxing but not me. But i really enjoyed e lesson n i am going again this coming Mon!

Next week, my sis is travelling back to Dublin for 2wks. I am left with myself for exercise. I wont visit Amore when she is not ard. I will go jog or swim w/o her though. Haha. I cannot say i am good coz it's hard to build up in such a short time n on e fact tat i stopped for SO LONG. But exercise in moderation is good n i feel better ever since i went back to exercise this year. Though did not lose weight or become thinner, but mentally i felt healthier. 

1wk b4 e run, we would need to go n collect e pack. N i am so excited about it now. I cannot compete with youngsters, n professional runners, but i jog for myself, for charity. My stamina is still v bad, on e base of my asthma, so i cannot expect too much. I just try my best loh. It's not for competition, so no stress. I treat it as a fun activity to attend, somemore is evening, n at jurong area! Haha.... Hope to see some familiar faces that day. Come join in e run if u r interested!

No comments: