Friday, August 01, 2008

i was looking forward to the new start of Aug, though it also marks the 1st day of the Hungry Ghost Festival.. bcoz 2 more days to hubby's birthday...

This morn, i went back to my parents' place to get wrapping paper, so tat i can wrap the birthday present at my desk in the staff room.. so after gotten the wrapping paper, i wanted to head to the petrol station to pump petrol.. at the junction near our house, the red light was on, so had to stop my car.. my car was in stationary for a few munites n suddenly heard a big bump on my car n i was slightly jurked as i didn't put on seat belt.. my next reaction was, die liao, my car kana knocked liao...

indeed it was, was knocked by a big truck... the malay driver claimed that he was rushing to send delivery, n i told him i also rushing to work loh.. so the next reaction was, i asked him for his driving license so tat i can take down his IC number, name... i asked him for his company name, contact number of his n the company's.. n took down the truck's plate number... i brought my camera with me, so i went to snap pics of my 'disfigured' car...

I told the guy, i would call my car insurance agent n do the claiming from him n his company.. the boot has some parts dented, n was scratched.. it definitely needed painting or spray... my boot's lock came loose, n i couldn't get it locked.. my car's internal locks also bumped spoilt liao, gotta manually lock it, my brakes cannot lock it after the knock..

I called my agent straight.. n i drove to school, went to the general office, told my 3rd boss tat i needed to take UPA, as i need to drive my car down personally to do the report n claiming, n needed to be done within 24 hours.. 3rd boss said ok, ask me fill up the form n let her sign.. by the time i finished filling up the form, she was talking to big boss, so i went to the office,she told big boss abt my UPA, big boss immediately signed the form n asked me if i'm ok.. i do feel ok at that time.. my agent told me the insurance company's location, which i was unclear of where it is.. so i need to wait for him to drive down to my sch, n lead me the way there..
i have time to go lunch with my colleagues at 11am.. i waited for him til 12pm, n followed his car to Braddell... filling up the form, the crew need to inspect my car, take pictures as evidence n etc documentation to b done.. so suay right?

we spent around 2hours there, b4 i got the standby car, to use until my precious Picanto is ready for collection.. the crew said he will try to get it done b4 National Day.. after doing the documentation, i need to go my gynae for a checkup, to see if bb is ok.. coz my colleagues who knew the accident were worried abt me.. so as promised, i drove to the clinic, my gynae wasn't ard today, so i see the gynae who is available.. i told them i was involved in a car knock, so i was able to cut queue to do the checkup 1st.. the gynae checked the heartbeat, it was ok.. wat a relief.. but she told me, if later tonight i feel unwell, or even bleeding, i will have to go to the hospital straight.. yes, i do feel slight dizzy.. but gynae said it's normal.. so we see how it goes tonight..

after affirming that bb is ok, i went on to Pioneer Mall, HDB branch office to change my season parking temporary to the standby car plate number... i requested to make it a week, so when i get back my car, i just need to make a call n change it back to my Picanto's plate number will do... it's so troublesome...

i got an auto car 1.6 Lancer to drive for these few days... oh my, how many donkey years had i not touched an auto car huh... n somemore 1.6.. so big compared to my Picanto.. but no choice, the company has no stock for car which are 1.3 or 1.5.... so i gotta drive with care until my Picanto is ready to come back to me... Later, Weixin will b coming over to drive me, to go meet the rest of our colleagues for dinner n gossip session, as it's her last day.. we agreed to have a gathering.. though such a suay matter happened to me, but i still need to keep my promise to go with them.. i wonder how my Picanto is now, being 'operated'...

No comments: