Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Jaden turns 4 years old!


Jaden was born in 2008, November 21.. Same bday as my cousin Arena... =)

As this week is the staff development week, so i need to work, 0800-1700hr...

In the morn, received a piece of bad news from my colleague that 1 of my ex-pupil R, who has leaukamia, had relapse n was in ICU... doctor said he may not be able to survive. His parents hoped that his p1p2 teachers can come down n see him for his last journey. His form teachers went down to visit him yest. I taught him when he was in p2. I was shocked to hear it. He was sick since young thus needed to wear a mask everyday to school, to prevent infection. But when he was in P2, his condition improved that he could actually remove the mask n b just like other pupils in the school.

He was a sensible boy who will study hard. I find it a pity that he is not healthy. We were planning to go down to KK tmr, but i suddenly thought, y not ask boss to c if we can go today just for 1-2hr, taking time-off, n will b back b4 lunch. Luckily, boss agreed. me together with 3 other colleagues who taught him b4, quickly got our bags, n i drove them there.

R's condition wasn't optimistic. He was v bloated n had tubes all over him, n of course machines. He was sub-conscious. He though cannot react, but he could hear us, n i knew he recognised out voices. Whenever any of the teachers talked to him, he would have 'reaction', i touched him n encouraged him to b brave n i am so proud to have him as my pupil. We all cried. It's just so heart breaking. Why life must b so hard on him? He is just a boy.

After visiting R, we went back sch for meeting. Finally, worked til it's time to knock off. I quickly reorganised my emotions n was looking forward to buy a bday cake for my precious Jaden. Both boys were napping when I was on the way back. Met hubby n go eat dinner 1st. Then went to prima deli to buy cake.

Jaden likes candles n cake, but not to eat the cake. We sung him bday song, in laws gave him a red packet, n so did my mum, she gave it to me yesterday when i met her for dinner. Xiaolin n Kelly bought him a present! Thank u for remembering Jaden's bday. He is everyone's gem. I told myself, everytime when i find myself pathetic, i will look ard, there r so many ppl who r worse, i am actually luckier in a sense. At least my Jaden is healthy. I always look forward to see Jaden smiling, laughing loud as usual, learning good things etc. I come to realise that i am indeed luckier. I dun have a well behaved child like others, i dun have a smarter child who speaks n expresses well like others, but at least my child is fit n active. i am not the worst.

Jaden is fortunate to have many ppl adoring him, spoiling him, loving him, protecting him. I dun dare to ask for anything more, but good health to surround him always, happiness n laughter to be with him always. No matter what, u r always the gem in our heart.

Besides wishing my precious son a happy 4th bday, i would also pray for R's smooth departure. R, though u had left us n  your family, but i believe u will b in God's good hands. I am so proud to have taught u b4 while u were alive.

No comments: