Friday, September 27, 2013

Self made teaching materials

Actually I had always wanted to do teaching materials for my boys, but I was just simply lazy to start until yesterday I finally made myself sit down to do.. n I was happy!

The idea came from Jaden's school. But I edit abit with using Chinese characters. the 1st project I did was on body parts.

Javier was learning body parts n was being done on flashcards of body parts in Chinese characters from my centre. Jaden could oso recognise some of the Chinese characters... So, I tot of doing e 1st file on that. It's more of learning aid for Javier n revision for Jaden... At least they have some 'work' to do n not playing games most of e time.

Write should always b e last stage of learning. 1st through stories, songs.. then flashcards... n then recognising.. after which will b e file of matching e correct answers, n lastly is write or trace which we called is handwriting time.

I dunno how effective it is but I dun mind trying it out. We cannot expect immediate effects or results. Bcoz wat I am doing is arousing interests for the subject or topic. Not academic kind of drilling like tuition.

I am going to do other topics like numbers in Chinese characters, n mayb family tree... I must plan in my head 1st b4 I start. I hope to start e numbers topic today n see if I can complete by tonight. Hope my boys can benefit from all these simple work projects that I had created. Results may not b seen now or anytime soon, but when they grow older n start real schooling, when they learn all these topics by then, they can learn faster n absorb better... Hope they like e projects lah. I have been far too lazy... I hope to be a little more hardworking...

No comments: