Saturday, November 13, 2010

Jaden finally points

I'm actually v worried about my son... u guys might say i think too much, but sometimes i just couldn't control myself...

Being an educator, i encountered so many diff kinds of pupils a year... When i read up on some infor that if child dun do this or tat at this certain stage of age, then it might be a sign that the child is special.

I'm always v scared tat Jaden might be an autistic child. I told my concerns to hubby's god-sis, who studies psychology. initially she oso suspects that, even my fil will ask my mil abt this. But my mil dun think so..

Jaden used to be so cheerful n has many eye contacts, but ard 6months old he suddenly stopped. he became less babbling, seldom eye contact. i am so worried. Recently he has shown so much improvement, which actually surprised me, though was rather slow n late. But s i said, as long as in the end of the day he did it, i'm happy.

Jaden's motor skills r better. Recently, besides willing to do shape sorter, do flying kiss to us, listening to instructions better, he finally points too. When he doesn't point, i am so scared loh. in the past when he was much younger he would, but after tat he stopped. so now, he starts to point, i'm relieved. but when he points to the various pictures in the flashcards, he did it to make fun of me. He points to apple n waits for me to read, n then points to orange, snake, yo-yo etc.. when he points faster, i need to read faster, he felt it funny n kept laughing. & of course, kept pointing lah... more on making fun of me!!!! but at least we know, he points!

I know he is slow. I dun grumble, n yet I dun like ppl to show off to me what their child can do n then perform in front of me. i got so numb of it. He is turning 2 next week liao, so fast loh. He babbles more now too. Mayb he will catch up more after his 2nd birthday. N hope he can learn more when he enters CC.... luckily my son isn't those type of rough boy, but too crybaby liao.. It's ok, he needs to know tat his daddy n mummy loves him truly!

No comments: