Monday, January 03, 2011

Jaden's 1st day of school

After so much of consideration, we finally enrolled Jaden in a childcare centre.. It's a 3hr-playgrp, n his group belong to Nursery1 this year.

Today is his 1st day of school. Morn made him get up at around 7.50am.. Put him on the car seat n drove him to the school. My sis was off today, so she joined us to the childcare centre.

1st part of the session was ok, to my surprise. It was bfast time when we reached. it's from 8.30-11.30am... Managed to get Jaden to sit down on the chair to join the rest for bfast. They were having honey stars this morning.

After which, they went into the area where they watch dvd. Jaden went so near to the TV tat his classmates all scolded him, hahahaha! n a few times til the teacher gotta hold on to him.. He was ok to sit with them on the floor to watch the tv for awhile, but after tat tried to b cheeky by walking around n to the play area.

I thought he shld b fine, so went outside to watch him, together with my sis. But 2nd half of the session, he seemed lost. Kept looking around, sensing he did not see me, he was about to cry. I went back in n of course, tat was when his crying started.

He refused to stop crying.. Cried for quite some time. After awhile, brought them out for a walk, together with 2 other new kids. Jaden refused to walk n hold hands, clung onto me like a koala bear. He calmed down when we went for a walk. But when we came back to the centre, he started to be angry again. But this time round, didn't cry that long liao.

Lunch time, was porridge. He refused to eat. Started to play with the toys tat the teachers gave him, n crying stopped. phew. Coz his a flexi-care, which is 3 hours, so after the lunch provided by school, after eating, he can go home liao. Jaden dun wish to eat bcoz just a while ago he has had his milk n some snacks tat i prepared for him. The principal said, since he dun wana eat, i can actually bring him home liao. Oh well, tats the 1st day of school.

Not too smooth, but yet not too bad. I was still afraid tat he might cry for the whole 3hours. There was a girl who cried for near to 3hours! But pity lah, her parents dropped her liao, n no 1 acc her, as it's her 1st day too! too cruel.. When i saw Jaden sobbing so badly n loudly, I felt sad too. I teared too. But I koe this is a stage tat he need to go through. He is far too spoilt. If dun put him in now, in the future will b worse.


Tmr, I'll be in with him for the whole session again. Principal said, given his behaviour, I may need to sit in for the whole 3 days. Well, all I hope is, he can adapt to the environment n life there soon.

No comments: