Thursday, November 24, 2011

Names

Names are v impt to a person. What we r scared of is getting a wrong name for our children, so many of us will go to a shifu to get some recommended names for our babies.

Some parents do think that, as long as they like the name, it will b ok. They r not as superstitous. Well, every1 has their own views in this area. But to me, I do choose to have a shifu to help with the calculation, though I do have some preferred names for my kids actually.

I always think of many diff names for boys n girls... But a pity, all gave shifu, all kana rejected.

My favourite characters for boys are: 恒、航、睿... For girls: 璇、烟、惜、蕴... But none of the words could b used on my both boys. Well, I'm not going to try for a daughter. 2 are enuf for us definitely.

However, recent years, there r some v common words that parents chose for their kids, eg: 恩、轩、萱... Oh my, in a class, there r so many kids, regardless of boys or girls, sure have this 恩 word.

For English names, the most common name for boys now is definitely JADEN, JAYDEN, JAEDEN.. or any pronounciation of this... I'm sure my readers, u will agree with me abt this right?? If u go to a playground, just listen, how many boys' names are being called Jaden?? hahahah... well, my elder prince is also called Jaden by the way. I admit this name is v v common now.. but i like this name. I dun mind ppl telling me, Hey Jaden is such a common name. Bcoz it is a fact. Many names in fact are common. Unless your child's english name is really rare, then i would say it is special. But 'Jaden' this name is indeed far too commonly chosen.

Jaden & Javier, these 2 names were chosen by me, of course got discuss with Bong lah... I love the letter J... Initially, wanted to choose 'Julian' for Jaden. But somehow hubby dun like... I oso like Jermain, but hubby oso reject.. hmmmm... When I was carrying Javier, I oso had chosen Jairus. Hubby preferred Javier then. But well, since Chinese names I chose to get a shifu to help, so english names we choose ourselves. For girls' english names, i did think of some too, but... never mind, I won't get to choose animore, so there's no need to mention liao.

After all, it's up to a child if he/she can take the name given by the parents well. Wats impt is, the name must suit the child, n when ppl pronounce it, it is easy n not too awkward. Dun b too upset if ppl comment that your child's name is common, bcoz no name is special UNLESS the name is really rarely used by ppl in the world. Haha... But if chinese name is hard to pronounce or write, then u have to listen n accept. Dun choose characters that r too hard to write... Your child will grumble when they r older. Trust me..

No comments: