Sunday, November 27, 2011

8 years of being together

Today marks our 8th year being together as a couple. Actually, ever since we got married in 2007 Dec, we no longer celebrate this day.



Had known Wentong since 1997, which was 14 years ago, when we were in CSS. Well, actually knew his buddies 1st b4 him...


We had always been good friends when we knew each other that time. But was only til 2003 then we got together as a couple. I remembered it was after he entered NS in Aug tat year.


I dun remember how we got in contact then. There was a period of time tat we didn't contact each other, which i think was during poly days. But oso dunno how in e end got in contact again, n always meet up for meals since we live near to each other.


It was when he entered NS then we got closer. He would call me everyday when he was in camp, n when he booked out, he would ask me out for dinner. He would ask me to help him buy 4d n toto too. That time i was still in NIE pursuing my dip for my teaching career.


B4 i agreed to be with him, I did ask him if his buddies would mind us being together. He said he dun mind, n am sure his buddies wouldn't too, bcoz me n D had broken up long ago. After some consideration, then i agreed to be with him. n indeed his buddies did not mind. I asked B once, he said of course wont mind, bcoz me n D had broken off long ago n the issue didn't lie with hubby. Tat was when I felt relieved.


Every anniversary, we would go for good food, or even have presents for each other. in our 4th yr of courtship, we got married. So after that onwards, we only celebrate our wedding anniversary. I cannot say I am happy or wat. Bcoz there r sure times that we will quarrel or have disagreements.. n of course, we do have good times being together, tats y we r wat we are now. I know the road ahead us isn't going to b any easy or smooth, but i will keep telling myself to b positive. I need his support n recognition most, so sometimes do feel down when he is not on my side.


no matter wat, i still hope we'll have e next 8 years to count down to n continue each yr til we pass on.

No comments: