Sunday, March 11, 2012

Meet-The-Parents Session 10-03-12

The annual MTPS is here again, but this year is diff as it was held on a Sat, a full day!!!

I was extremely exhausted, to b frank... But luckily, this year, I managed to go off for lunch on time, n left the school on time. Unlike the prev years, i had no time to even go for my toilet breaks! Phew this year, i'm considered lucky.

No jobs in this world is easy. As a full time working mum, life is not tat easy too. Mayb to some ppl, they think that we are not good parents.. But, whenever I knocked off from work, besides having my dinner, my other time would b with my boys. I ensure even I'm not feeling well, I would still spend some time playing with them, hug n kiss them, talk to them. If I am those cannot-be-bothered type of parents, I could jolly well not go over to my in laws house after work, only til wkends then bring them home, weekdays completely no need to see the children. I do know some friends/ppl around me who r like that.

I'm lucky tat my MIL helped me with the care taking of my boys, n let me go to work with a rested mind. Now, sometimes my FIL would oso try to help out too. My stamina somehow has improved. Not in terms of running stamina, but physically. In the past, if i'm so busy like now, n always need to go sch early, less than 1 week i would b v sick liao. But til now, though feel backache n headache n tired, but at least i can still hang on. Must b my Confinement Lady who had given me good nourishment during my confinement last Sept. Or watever, i dunno.

Mostly for families now is both parents are needed to go work n earn money for the family. Thus, no time for kids by the time they knock off. I can understand. After all, not all r lucky to stay at home to look after kids, n only depend on hubby to go earn money. If my hubby so capable, i dun mind staying at home! ahahahahaha...

I just hope, parents to b more encouraging n involved in their children's schoolwork n character building. To me, results r not as impt as character building n attitude. So wat if u r v smart n clever, but your character sucks? Spend some time to check their work or chat with them. The kids will appreciate. Dun expect everything to b done n assisted in school. It needs 2 hands to clap, so parents need to b involved. If u dun help your child, who can? After all, we r just the helping hands beside your child to help them excel. Parents expect the teachers to do everything, it is impossible. U r then the parents, not us. If your child achieves something, u feel proud n think tat is bcoz u always spend $$ for them to go tuition/enrichment classes, but when they r underachievers, u question n complain. Tats not the right attitude n way to nurture a child.

Well, as i always tot, every1 has their own views n ways of handling things. I cannot tell u wat to do, after all it's your own choice. I just hope all parents to b aware that, do something to prove to your child tat u care. I will always remind myself too.

No comments: