Saturday, September 03, 2011

CTG Scan on 02-09-11

My gynae checkup yest was initially set on evening, but bcoz of my bad cramps for the past few weeks, the nurse helped me to change the timing to early morn...



Reached the clinic at 8.30am... they put me on CTG scan, to check for my heartbeat n contractions... lied on the bed for ard 30min for the whole session. Hubby remained outside...


After the session, the nurse told me that there were some tightenings n contractions. Asked if I felt ok... I said yes... She said Dr Chua will come over to me to check for cervix opening... Hubby n I tot that we'll b asked to admit to NUH after checkup... But still, I told the nurse I would heed watever advise my gynae gave..


After awhile, Dr Chua came in... She looked at the machine results n checked my cervix, said that I'm still not ready for labour, bb J was too comfy inside... Then she quickly did a scan to see bb J. He was facing upwards. I asked if it's breeched position, she said no. Just tat he was facing the ceiling direction tats all... Said hopefully by next checkup he would face downwards. She told me abt the application of epi again yest... N I decided to go for it this time round again since she advised that.


Dr Chua said, based on the results, there were contractions, but not regular... So, no need to go for induce or wat. And neither did she mention abt inducing... Said everything was still ok, asked me to come back next Fri for another CTG scan again.. Wow, I now 39 weeks liao wor.. So scary.. Hubby was surprised I wasn't asked to admit to hosp for delivery. Hahahahah.. I was surprised too.. But well, since bb J too comfy, means the waiting game is still on. It made me v worried actually, coz i v scared of last min... These few days i will need to be on high alert..


13th is my EDD, n til date, today is 3rd, going to be 12am soon. So bb J is left with 10 days to decide when he wants to join us officially. But pls, as wat I always say, give me some signal 1st ya.. My hunch this time was wrong. I thought i will be giving birth in the 1st week of Sept.. But well, as long as he is healthy, n I go through a smooth delivery, tat is more impt isn't it?

No comments: