Saturday, September 17, 2011

Javier suffering from colic

Yesterday night, we did not have any good sleep at all, including Javier. He was crying badly at night...


His crying was bad n loud, lasting for quite some time. Had a hard time settling him to sleep, but after 30min-1hr, he got up n continued to cry v bitterly. He couldnt even have much sleep n appetite for his fm, n not even latching soothed him.


We saw a hard mucus in his left nostril. I tried removing it for him, but failed. Thought of getting hubby n CL to bring him to Pioneer Mall see Dr Chua today morn, but in the end we couldn't wait. His crying made us give up, decided to make a trip down to NUH Children's Emergency. Set off ard 5.30am, I drove my car, together with hubby n CL to NUH.


I got up at 2.30am, after hearing Javier's crying. He was obviously still hungry after his feed, so I decided to latch him. He rested awhile..n then pooed, by the time CL n I settled him, it was near to 4am. I went back to rest, but ard 5am+, heard him crying again. Both hubby n I got up. He seemed uncomfortable. I thought it might b due to e blocked nose.


After some consideration, we decided not to wait til morn, we packed his things n went to NUH. After some checking, doc removed the particle from his nostril easily, n showed us, it was just a small particle. Doc said that might not b the reason tat caused his non-stop crying.


He told us, mostly shld be colic. Taught us some techniques as in how to burp Javier, or how we shld position him n need to move ard. Gave us colic drops too. Reached home b4 7am. We were all exhausted.


So far til now, Javier seemed much better. N i hope later tonite he can continue to sleep well. Just now ard 8pm+, he was quite well awake, when Jaden n MIL were around. But after awhile later, he went back to sleep.


I koe suffering from colic is v uncomfortable, n we see already also feel helpless... I think the colic drops do help, n hope he sleep well loh.. I'm tired, n so were CL n hubby, n of course little Javier. I better go sleep now, hope we can all sleep well... pls pray hard for us.

1 comment:

Juli said...

Wa... Your first CL is not bad.. Willing to toil the night with you. My first CL was a nightmare and I had to do most things on my own...

Rest well!