Saturday, July 27, 2013

Farewell Lunch 27-07-13

I nearly forgot that I have to attend the farewell lunch today, organised by my very own CL department colleagues.

We had a very full lunch at Ban Heng restaurant, at Harbourfront. That I still feel so full during dinner time!

It has been a great 8 years working here in PHPPS. I got to know many good colleagues, good friends, good partners. They had been v supportive and encouraging. It is sad to say goodbye, n I was trying hard to hold my tears, and I thought I could control very well, but still I failed.

It is a hard decision to leave. I tried to be strong. I tried to be happy. I enjoyed every moment I spent in this working environment, which is just like my 2nd home. Of course we always complain of busy work time, frustrating markings, endless works n projects, angry with pupils, but still, we enjoy teaching.

Teaching is a job with a mission. It is not any easy simple job as in just work blindly and get paid every month. No passion, no qualities, u can forget abt getting into this line. I never knew I would enjoy teaching that much until I enter this profession.

No 1 is born to be a teacher. But somehow I think it does need a bit of talent.

I did not say that I am a good teacher, neither do I think I am talented to be a teacher. I like this job, I cannot just wait for salary to come. But I do get v tired n frustrated when sometimes the thought of teaching disappears. We need to be an octopus, everything oso need us to do. I always thought, teaching should be teaching. Why do we need to do projects, duties, other admin work that is killing us bit by bit. Go back to the root of the profession. Teacher = teach... not do other things that the time to do other work is more than teaching. This is not right.

I cannot bear to leave my pupils. but I think the time is up. I need to leave. I need to find my passion back. this is my comfort zone. my colleagues, my friends are all here. We help one another whenever necessary. We are strongly bonded. Of course I cannot bear to leave them. But if I don't take up e 1st step to step out, how would I know if the sky outside is blue or gray? I want to go see n explore n try it out.

I love them. I treasure them. I am so sorry that I cannot go on e path to war with them again. But my spirit is always around.

No comments: