Monday, October 25, 2010

Late better than never

These few days i noticed Jaden has some little changes.

Last week at our own house, he will automatically take out the shape sorter toy, n is more willing to try. unlike in the past, he would take out the shapes n throw them all on the floor. Every week when he is at home, he would either watch his Little Men learning ABC vcd, or his Baby Bright vcd that teaches colours, shapes, numbers etc. Occasionally will show him his favourite nursery ryhmes vcd.

The other day, while watching Baby Bright, he just turned over n search for the shape sorter toy. I quickly told him where to put the circle shape, n he put it in.. but only did 1-2 shapes with assistance.

Today, MIL told me that Jaden took 1 of the shapes from the floor n passed it to her, n then the shape sorter toy. Asked MIL to play with him. Just now when we were with him, he went to take it to her again, wanting MIL to get the shapes out for him. While he takes the shape, MIL would go find the hole for him, n then he puts it in. He still cannot go find the correct shape independently. He needs assistance.

I was rather shocked, bcoz many mths ago i did teach him, but he wasn't willing to learn. He will either run away from me, or rejecting to play the toy at all. N now, he shows more interests in this liao. Hubby n I were surprised, n on the other side, Happy!

It's never too late to learn. He may be slower than others in some/many areas, but as long as by the end of the day he learns, it's ok. We r not stressing him. At least now he shows interests in this, which is actually 1 of the basic skills tat he need to acquire. I told MIL, everyday go through with him,n slowly let go n let him find the holes himself. I hope soon he can do this on his own. Though it might a bit too late/slow for him to acquire this skill at his age, which is going to b 2 years old.

As i always say, as long as he is a normal child, I'm ok if he is abit slower in learning/talking. Coz i koe sooner or later he will speak up. N not now learn slow in the future oso slow, n vice versa. When i was young, i was a fast learner n was v clever, but when i'm older, i bcame dumb loh. I hope Jaden can b a normal child. I koe many ppl will say that I think too much, but mayb I am. After all, this is my child. Whenever he meets any milestones, i will b so happy, n will try to video down. I hope the next time when I video him doing the shape sorter toy, he would be able to figure out the holes on his own. Let's cheer for Jaden ya...

No comments: