Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Jaden's POSB Savings Account

After being lazy for a few months, I finally made a trip to POSB bank, to open a savings account for Jaden...

Yes, he has an OCBC account liao.. but my mentality is, I will only let him know abt this POSB account.. When he is older, will get him his own personal acc, let him know how to save money. Tat would wait til he enters primary school. When he reaches around 16, or slightly b4 tat, will let him handle his own account..

I went through the rebellious stage. It's just a precaution measure. My mum only had 1 account for me. All the money she had saved for me was all into this account. When i was ard 15-16years old, I actually took the bank book and went to the bank to withdraw money, so that I can go out n play... spend until all money gone.. I went through the 'bankrupt' n poor life.. tats y when i started working, i told myself i'm not going to b poor again.. gotta save money, even a few hundreds in the acc is also ok.. as long as not a few dollars left in the bank.

I'm afraid Jaden may b like me too. coz hard to say.. nowadays kids, or kids at this generation mature early.. we never get to know what they r thinking about. But of course, I will try my best to educate him n instil the knowledge of saving into him when he is more sensible.

I'm not going to put so much $$ into this POSB account... Will put more into the OCBC instead. tat will use for his education if he decides to go into University if necessary. At least dun have to borrow from bank or from other ppl...

I may not b so resourceful n tat capable to continue saving money for him, so now better faster help.. all i wish is, Jaden can be sensible lah...

No comments: