Saturday, December 04, 2010

Jaden's 1st attempt to feed himself

I always tell my friends n hubby, Jaden behaves n learns better when he is at our own house, n indeed wat I said are true...
Yes, i admit tat we have been spoiling him too much tat many things he still dunno how to do independently... hubby said bcoz he is our only child, tats y will spoil him. I answered, there's no wrong to spoil own child, but he needs to koe wat is right/wrong to do..

Today,i decided to let Jaden try eating on his own.. Yes, now at 2 years old, he still dunno. Surprisingly, he is quite enthusiastic in this! When he sees me holding on to the bowl of cereal, he koes he need to sit on his chair.. this is wat he will not do at my in laws' house.. He went to the room, as the chair was placed in the room with the table where he can draw on. He took the chair away from the table, n put it aside, n sat down to wait for me to feed him. Hubby was laughing saying his son is so obedient.

I told hubby he must praise me too, coz i was the one to train him loh!! So, when he sat on the chair, hubby put him to his toddler table. I put the bowl there, n he started trying to feed himself. It was funny. Hubby tried teaching him how to scoop the cereal up n put into his mouth. He was learning patiently. After trying awhile, we tried feeding him instead but he refused to, wanted to try on his own again...

But in e end, it was still me to feed him up all of the cereal. It was a great start. Kelly said next time onwards let him eat on his own. I will try. he is improving a little everyday.. yest at my parents' house he was oso ok, unlike in the past kept crying! We will try to let him eat on his own, as sooner or later in school he would need to do this on his own, the teachers are not going to help him loh..

No comments: